Ok, Ok… so it’s been over two weeks since my last post… unacceptable, I know. 😦
But, I’ve made it back! Since rekindling my blogging ways, I feel like I can’t turn my brain off… I can post about this, I can post about that… but I just haven’t
found made the time to sit down and write about ONE topic… It’s so hard to pick which one wins to be written about that day… so alas, I haven’t been writing.
Well, today, I’m just going to make myself do it… But instead of picking ONE topic, I’m going to give you 5 quick overviews of the things that have been running around in my brain the last 2+ weeks! Lucky you! 🙂
- Doing what you love… I. Love. Teaching. Classes at the Community Dance Center started back up a couple of weeks ago. I love seeing my little ones. Their excitement, anxiousness, imaginations, I just love it all. I also get the privilege of working with new and aspiring dance teachers. Watching both my “little ones” (as you see I affectionately call them), and the college students grow over the next year is just so exciting. Occasionally, I also get to teach the matriculating classes at OCU! This past week, I had the opportunity to teach all 3 groups – my little ones, the aspiring teachers, and the matriculating students! It was a wonderful way to end the week.
- Spending time with the ones you love… Tyler and I are quickly approaching our one year of marriage! (As of today, we’ve survived 51 weeks… think we can make it to the full 52? :-P) Then two short days after that we mark 8 years of dating! Wowza! And I truly love him more and more with each passing day. These anniversaries have had me day-dreaming back to this time last year and how truly magical our wedding and honeymoon were… I’m even considering a day-by-day recap of the trip to mark the anniversary… we’ll see though! 😀
- And who can forget friends and family? Tyler and I made a trip to his grandma’s house for labor day weekend… at one point there were 40+ people and 10+ fur-babies! Talk about a party! It was so wonderful to see all the family together for what turned out to be a perfect picnic! Also, the past couple of weeks have allowed for multiple opportunities to spend time with friends. Engaging in long, heart-felt conversations with some of the most inspiring women I know, sure makes a girl love the life she’s living.
- What to do with my free time…Being a 20-something, I spend a lot of my introspective time thinking about my life-balancing act. Unfortunately, a majority of my free-time is currently spent on the couch, watching TV or movies, or checking out the cyber-sphere, i.e. Facebook, twitter, Instagram, WordPress, etc. I should spend more time reading books (I’m trying), cooking, cleaning (because I enjoy organizing), being outdoors, scrapbooking (I’m way behind!), and other things that I love to do… instead, after a day at work, I find it hard to motivate myself to do anything outside of sitting on the couch and letting my mind wander, or melt into a show on TV. Not to mention, I sleep more than a newborn baby, getting at least 8-9 hours a night… However, I woke up this morning, re-downloaded the book I had been reading (The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, if you’re looking for a fun, light-hearted AND inspiring book… this is the one!), and read a couple chapters. I’ve even picked it up a time-or-two since this AM! Must be a new leaf I’m turning over! 🙂
- My plans for this blog. I think this is something I will always think about… Lately, I’ve been wondering if I wanted to eventually take it to the next step and turn it into a “business venture” if you will… I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet, but maybe one day… (Any thoughts/comments/concerns, feel free to leave them below!) And this, my friends, takes us full-circle, as to why I haven’t been blogging… But you know what? I did it. And it felt good to sit down and write again… so, maybe the lesson here is to not be so concerned with what am I going to write about, and just write. I’ll give-it-a-go, and see what happens…
In the meantime, the laundry buzzer went off, and the empty fridge and my grumbling tummy are calling…
Until Next Time,