I hope you all are anticipating the 3-day weekend as much as I am! (Although, I didn’t really remember we had the 3-day weekend until just yesterday! :-P)
Today’s post is a bit of a “cheat post,” if you will… We’re just going to look ahead to the possibilities of Megan’s Pointe…
Part of my decision to start blogging again, was teaching myself that it’s ok to put yourself out there… After my two-year hiatus from blogging, I started thinking… “well, who cares what I have to say…” So, now I’m trying to take the bull by the horns (figuratively, of course) and just jump back in…
So, here are some things that you can expect from the new-and-improved Megan’s Pointe:
- Insight into my life – this is probably the most prominent feature of Megan’s Pointe. In order to “put myself out there,” there needs to be a personal quality to blogging… that’s why I enjoy reading other’s blogs is because you gain a sense of who the author is through their postings. So, you can expect to learn a lot about me! 🙂
- Marriage – Although Tyler and I have been glued to each other’s hip for almost 8-years now, we’re still learning to navigate this new way of life called marriage. “Nothing changed” when we said “I Do,” but “everything changed.” We’re learning how to be the best we can be, and how we can be there for the other. We’re not perfect, but we’re perfect for each other. So, you can expect to learn all about Tyler and I’s journey through marriage with our four-legged side-kick, Sir Dashington Clark.
- Family – Family is super important to me. And as it stands now, most of our family (in fact, all of our family) lives long-distance to us. So, blogging is an attempt to be close to them, without actually being close. Plus, like most people, I think I have a pretty awesome family. Sure, we have our “issues,” however, I wouldn’t be who I am without them. So, you can expect to learn all about our family’s cast-of-characters, without infringing on their privacy… (Although, if you steal my phone and snap 500 “selfies” you better believe they are going to make an appearance on the blog… *ahem, Haley, ahem*) 🙂
- The Dance Life – I am a dancer. I will always be a dancer. I am also a dance teacher. I will always be a dance teacher. I may not dance or teach dance 24-7, but its in my life 24-7. So, you can expect posts on teaching dance, on my personal dancer struggles, and just dance in general.
- Hot Topics – Again, in an attempt to not be afraid of putting myself out there, I’m going to attempt to put my thoughts and opinions out into cyber-world. My goal with putting my feelings into the abyss, is that I hope to not offend people, rather simply express my views from my “small corner of the world.” I want to establish a “mutual respect” in regards to expressing my opinions openly. I will never claim that I know anything for certain, or that I am the “end-all-be-all” on these matters. However, I do feel an important part of being a citizen of the world, is to be informed. So, you can expect to hear my thoughts on some “hot topics” – whether its a new book I read, a viral you-tube animal video, or simply happenings in the world – and hopefully as I become more and more experienced in this realm, I will only get better at expressing these ideas.
So, there you have it… My plans, hopes, and dreams for blogging! I hope you will join me for this sure-to-be-exciting journey!
Until Next Time,
Since it’s been two long years since my last excursion in blogging, I wanted to give you a recap of my life since then…
So, hold onto your seats… here’s 25 updates… some riveting, others not so much…
- I graduated with my MFA! After a year and a half of intense study, I now have a Master of Fine Arts degree in Dance! Although it’s been nice to not have homework and papers to write, it certainly instilled a love of learning in me, that I hope to never lose…
Family at graduation
- I am in year-3 of my job! When I last left you, I hadn’t announced that I even got a job… Phew, time flies!My job has changed quite a bit in the 2 full years I’ve been working… in addition to being the Dance Department Chair’s Assistant, I am now an Academic Advisor, the Assistant Director of the Community Dance Center, and an Assistant Professor of Dance! Sure does keep me busy.
- I am now a Mrs! Tyler and I said “I Do” on September 22nd, 2012! It was the most special day imaginable and the one year milestone is just around the corner!
Mr. and Mrs. Clark
- For our honeymoon, we spent a fabulous week in Orlando, FL galavanting around Disney and Universal Studios. We had such a blast. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t have some reminder of this trip. I can hardly wait to go back.
Disney’s Magic Kingdom
- We’ve done lots of traveling over past two years… Dallas twice. Once for Julie and Janson’s wedding, then again for a trip to Six Flags Over Texas. Both wonderfully memorable events! A trip to Arizona for me! Many trips to KC and the grandmas’ for holidays. A couple of trips to Tulsa… We’re just traveling fools!
- Dash is now fully blind. After an unfortunate accident at the end of 2012, Dash’s world went dark. Now, almost 9 months of living life without being able to see, Dashington is doing incredibly well. Watching him adapt to this new way of living over the year has been tremendous and truly inspiring. Such a miracle, and such a strong puppy he is…
- We finally sold “Miss Vicky!” “Miss Vicky” is the car I drove starting at age 16, that became a part of my family when I was 6! I was sad to see her go, but two months prior to selling Miss Vicky we…
- Introduced “Miss Chloe”… my new car! I am absolutely in love with “Miss Chloe” and so thankful we were able to make her a part of the family.
- Wow, 25 things… that’s hard…I’m learning that life is a journey… Once the journey stops, life is over… Things will never be exactly perfect. Life is all about making the best of what you have. Life is a product of how you view it… the attitude you chose to have about life will determine, in many ways, how things turn out (or at least have an impact on how you perceive it)… So, I’m working on choosing the positive viewpoint in life… somedays, its better than others… but I’m just a work in progress…
- My Aunt Kathy passed away at the end of July. After a long battle with numerous medical complications, her journey on this earth ended. Filled with sorrow at her passing, and joy at having had her in my life for as long as I did, I know she is watching over me in everything I do.
- I passed a big age milestone! A real lady never reveals her age, however, I’m enjoying life so far with this new number hanging over my head…
- My baby sister is almost 16! In less than a month she’ll be tearing up the KC roads! Look Out! 🙂 Just kidding, she’s a great little driver! But, when did she get so old?!
- We’ve done a lot of thinking about our future… where are we going to live? When are we going to have kids? How many kids? What are we going to be doing? Two years ago, had you asked me what I’d being doing in 2-5 years, I probably would have had a solid plan… Now, I’ve come to realize that sometimes life takes you in unexpected directions. Tyler and I have always been on the slow-and-go path, and it’s what’s worked for us… We’ll get to where we’re “supposed to be” when we’re “supposed to get there.” One day…
- (I lost track of what number I was on…) Tyler and I have worked hard at being healthier. Again, life is a journey (see #9). We don’t always make the best choices in regards to food and fitness, but we’re trying. It started at the beginning of 2012, in preparation for the wedding day, Tyler and I started doing P90X. I made it just a few days shy of 90 (I’ve never been a “work-out” person), but Tyler made it to 90 days, then he did 90 days again. He’s almost completed 3 rounds of P90X! So proud of him. Even though we don’t always make the healthiest of choices, we try to make an effort most days.
- I watch entirely too much TV. Ok, so that’s probably not a change, just a staple in my life. But, I think I’m learning to manage it a little better. (Thank goodness for DVR!) This summer especially, I’ve gotten really behind on those TV shows, but as of this moment right here.. I am officially, completely caught up! Yahoo! And, although I realize TV isn’t the BEST thing for you, most of the TV shows I’m hooked on deal with dance, therefore I count it as “research.” And for the other shows, well, they’re “Tyler and I’s shows,” so I consider it an investment in my marriage! 😛
- I’m learning to have a work and life balance. When I leave my office around 6pm everyday, I try to turn off work. I try to go home and enjoy the evening with Dash and Tyler, and spend time doing things I love… Oddly enough though, my job IS what I enjoy doing… so it’s hard to turn off that part of your brain sometimes. Especially when I hear a good tune, I can’t help but boppin’ to the beat… so the dancer never quite leaves, I just try to escape the daily grind that comes with everyone’s job.
- I voted in my first election at a polling place. The first presidental election I was able to vote in, I voted absentee because I was at school and still a Missouri resident. The 2012 election, we stood in line for almost 3 hours to vote. It was incredibly neat to see everyone out exercising their right to be heard. I’m pleased with the way things turned out, and I’m pleased to see that the country is moving in, what I feel, is the right direction…
- I became an “Okie.” Officially. Driver’s License. Car Tags. Address. The whole nine-yards… (Go Sooners? Cowboys? No, GO THUNDER, BARONS, and REDHAWKS! :-))
- I’m on a “be the best you can be” kick… Trying to drink more water, eat healthy, learn something new everyday, be happy. You know, the usual “try-to-be-a-better-person” stuff. 🙂 (How am I doing?)
- I’m still teaching dance to my babies. I hope this is something that never changes…
- I go back-and-forth between writing urges and not. I’m hoping to keep this up…
- I’m trying to learn that you don’t have to be perfect all the time… and that you don’t have to worry about how others see you… I’ve got a unique personality and a unique life… All I need to do, is do what’s best for me…
- I got to see my first real life penguin. Tyler and I made a day trip to the Tulsa Zoo, and low-and-behold, they have penguins! My mom is now convinced we’re never coming to KC ever again if there are penguins so close… Although, the KC Zoo is getting penguins this fall, so we’ll have to go meet them, too!
- I’m working on my independence. Now being @% years old, I feel I am becoming an adult. For real. No turning back now… I feel this is probably a natural transition in life… but with the help of my safe and reliable new set of wheels, I feel like I’m gaining an independence I never knew I had. Of course, I’m not silly enough to think I would be ok completely on my own (we all get by with a little help from our friends, right?), but it’s nice to realize I have my own two legs that I can stand on also.
- I got a haircut… A haircut, you say? You really think that counts as a “25 Ways Life Has Changed?” Well, yes. I went from having long-er hair for a while to medium length… it’s been part of my maturation process… My “married-lady” haircut, I called it… Coco Chanel said “A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life.” Well, I HAD just changed my life… does that count? And it wasn’t really THAT drastic, but it was a change, so there… 😛
Well, you’ve survived “25 Ways Life Has Changed!” And I guess, I have, too! Its fun to look back and see all the things that happen in your life during a certain amount of time… Two years, in some ways, seems like a million years ago, then in other ways, it seems like just yesterday.
I hope you’ve enjoyed a trip down memory lane…
Check back in shortly for a glimpse of what you can expect to see on the new, and improved, Megan’s Pointe! 🙂
Until Next Time,
It’s official… Megan’s Pointe is back!
I’ve moved to wordpress.com as my vehicle for blogging, but I’m back, and hoping to be stronger than ever! 🙂
A great big thank you to my dear friend, Julie, over at Traveling Tights for inspiring me to start blogging again…
So, here’s to the many adventures the future is sure to hold!
Tune back in shortly with an exciting “25 Ways Life Has Changed” blog about the many adventures that have happened since JULY 26th, 2011! (Yes, it really has been 2 years since my last blog…). In the meantime, catch up on my past adventures from when I was blogging over at blogger.com, below!
Until Next Time,