Well, I’m OFFICIALLY on summer break now (for 3 weeks!)!
Camp ended Saturday with a wonderful “RA Appreciation dinner” at Cheesecake Factory with Jenn, the workshop coordinator, and fellow RA’s Jeff and Ashley H. Dinner ended abruptly when I realized I had 30 (yes, 30!) missed calls from Tyler who dislocated his jaw AGAIN! Almost literally a year to the day! So I rushed home, picked him up, headed to the ER and after I had him all signed in, he had relaxed enough that his jaw went back into place before we had to see a doctor. Talk about stressful!
I spent the first full day of summer doing the usual laundry and then relaxing for the remainder of the day. Tyler and I decided to go see Despicable Me last night. It was SO funny! Such a cute movie! 🙂
Now, I have 3 weeks to do SO much stuff!!!! Here is a list of the things that need to be taken care of in these 3 weeks- off the top of my head:
1) SPRING cleaning in my Apartment. It has been severely neglected this past year!
2) Dash needs to get to the vet THIS week! Not to mention the normal chores- dishes, trash, grocery, etc.
3) Unpacking from Camp.
4) Finishing Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone for the second time and reading Secret Daughter: A Mixed-Race Daughter and the Mother Who Gave Her Away by June Cross (The OCU Reads book this year)… AND reading my MFA in Dance Student’s Guide before orientation.
5) Getting school things organized- SAM, getting Textbooks, school supplies, etc.
And getting some rest in there somewhere too!!! 🙂 I hope I can be as productive as I need to be! I probably should get started… like yesterday! 😉
Until Next Time,
P.S. Sorry I don’t have any pictures for you this time… Hopefully I’ll update on my progress soon and I’ll try and get some for you then!!!
Sorry it has been SO incredibly long since I have updated you! Summer school is OVER (as of Tuesday at 9am when I turned in my 62 page paper!)! I am so glad to finally have a break and be able to enjoy my summer. I did finish 3 classes this summer, though, so that’s pretty awesome! 🙂
I moved into the dorms Monday when we had orientation and prepped the rooms for the kiddos! 🙂 So far I’ve been having tons of fun and I am surviving. We’ve had a couple go out with sprain ankles, so they won’t be staying the whole time… 😦 But everyone seems to be having tons of fun as well!!! Dancing for 7+ hours a day is hard work, especially when you aren’t used to it! I know I’ve been sore… Luckily taking ballet and tap throughout the beginning of the summer has helped TREMENDOUSLY!
Well, nothing too exciting to share, just wanted to let everyone know I’m still alive and surviving this INTENSE intensive! 🙂
Until Next Time,
This week I have discovered a few important (and not so important) “life lessons” that I’d like to share with you:
1) I am absolutely 100% in LOVE with my MacBook Pro! I seriously can’t peel myself away from it…
2) Speaking of “peeling”… When you have seen NO sunlight all summer long, are on medications that make your skin “extra sensitive,” you naturally have sensitive and fair skin, and then you sit outside in the sun for 1.5 hours… You. WILL. Get. FRIED! I had a meeting outside Wednesday and I am SO burnt! I’m beginning to peel (after blistering) and now my skin is REALLY starting to itch… needless to say.. I WILL be wearing sunscreen much more frequently…. I seriously can’t wait for this to go away and to be back to my “normal” self… It’s so miserable 😦 …
3) I have found a new love for Skype! I had an account a million years ago but I a) never talked to anyone and b) my webcam stopped working. BUT. With my new MacBook, I have discovered my love for it! I was able to have an 1.5 hour catch-up video chat with my amazing friend Katy about her post-graduation move to Chicago and starting work in the “real-world!” Then, my family got a new computer for the house and Haley and I have been “skyping” all day! (They haven’t figured out the webcam part yet, but once they do it will be AMAZING!)
So, these are some VITALLY important life lessons (especially the sunscreen one!) and some nice “tidbits” of information!
Happy 4th of July Weekend! No big plans here, just getting over this sunburn! 🙂
Until Next Time,