Happy 1 year of blogging to me!!! 🙂
I started this blog exactly 1 year ago today! (February 15th, 2009!)
In honor of this occassion… I have compiled a list of “events” that have occured in the last year…
* School- School appeared in my blog in practically EVERY entry… I challenge you to find 5 that don’t include school somehow!
* Productivity, Organizing and “To-Do Lists” are major themes found in my blog
* Tyler found a new job in March of last year and I decided to look into the MFA program
* I have been a part of 4 OCU shows in one year (another one coming up) – Spring Show 2009 as Assistant Costume Mistress, MFA Thesis Assistant Stage Manager 2009, Choreography Show 2010 as a Dancer, Home for the Holidays 2009 as Sound Crew
* Tyler and I experienced our first “break-in” (and hopefully last) when his Tool-box was broken into
* Dash celebrated his 1st Birthday,1 year anniversary of his eye surgery and 1 year of living with us
* I took my first solo road trip to Tulsa for a dance convention
* I read the Harry Potter Series AND the Twilight Series (for a second time)
* I went to KC 7 times that I mentioned
* My two studios had recitals in the same month
* My baby sister, Haley, turned 12 and started 6th grade
* Tyler turned 21!
* I attended a national dance competition with my mom and Haley
* I judged my 1st national dance competition
* I was an RA for the OCU Summer Dance Intensives for the second time (3 weeks!)
* I learned it is a BAD idea to take an extended amount of time off dancing/ working out
* I turned 21 and saw the National Tour of Chicago in the POURING rain
* I had a busy summer but missed my OCU friends
* I taught more hours than I think I can count
* Tyler started another new job
* I babysat for the lead guitarist of a rock group- unknowingly until I saw the 3 Grammys!
* SAM was mentioned multiple times in regards to meetings and Banquet plans
* I frequently took breaks from homework and productivity by trying to relax
* I ultimately decided to apply for my MFA
* My Aunt Kathy has been in and out of the hospital numerous times (mentioned 3-4 times)
* Tyler’s best friend from high school, Dacoda, and my good friend from middle school, Tamara, got married in September!
* Tyler and I celebrated our 4 year Anniversary
* Tyler and I traveled to Plad, MO for my cousin’s wedding.. the weekend AFTER Tamara and Dacoda’s…
* Tyler and I watched entirely TOO many movies!
* My mom came for Choreography Show and Fall Break… The trip took us to Pops in OK, a U2 concert in Norman (Tyler’s 1st Concert) and OK museums
* My computer crashed
* I applied for my MFA
* I started to realize I am a SENIOR in college
* I learned my “next big adventure” is to stay at OCU and get my MFA
* I enrolled in my LAST undergraduate classes and was accepted into OCU as a Graduate student
* I was accepted into the MFA program!
* I went to my first midnight movie- NEW MOON with Katy
* Tyler and I survived MULTIPLE snow/ice storms in OKC, KC, and Plad
* My cat Sassy was put to sleep
* 2010 came!
* I decided to set more goals
* Dash received a spotlight post about how much I love him!
* I attended the Leap ‘N Learn workshop for the second time and continued to grow as a teacher
* I experienced growing pains in our tiny apartment
* Dash discovered the door stoppers in our apartment and I took a video of it and posted it on here (my only video)
* I survived my 1st full week of classes and teaching of the Spring Semester 2010… barely… 😉
* I attended more meetings than I can count
* It snowed… again…
* I recently experienced car issues
* Finding time to relax became a frequent visiting idea to my blog
* AND I stayed up entirely too late to recap my 1st year of blogging!
It is crazy to look back through the entries and this list to see all that I have done in the year. Time has flown by… and I can’t even image what the next year of blogging will bring me… I have a pretty good idea that many of these “themes” will not disappear from my updates, nor would I want them to. All in all, it’s been a great year in the life of “Megan’s Pointe.”
Until Next Time,
Happy 1 Year Anniversary “Megan’s Pointe!”
Also, *Happy 21 1/2 Birthday to me (2-16) and Happy “$(th” Birthday to my Momma (2-18)! :)*